Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3 2011

Oh crap... First off mom, i put my drivers licence in the mission safe... so that no one would steal it, but i have my old one, but i have a paper copy and ill try to descern what it says through the paint smugdes, and plus i have my old one... Oh man what a week, my emotions are everywhere, im a complete wreck haha, a chicken without a head running around. This has definitly been by far the most absolute hottest week here in Corrientes, i was laughing histarically because it was unbearable, its super impressive how hot it can get. But at least i dont cry anymore like my first summer. Rained just in time for conference, cooled down enough to enjoy conference. Oh man i hate how fast the conference is, i used to dread priesthood session, two hours on saturday, your crazy!! And now its totally different. Oh how grateful i am to a family who is converted to the gospel, grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Parents, Brother, and Sisters. The first session had less than 10 members here, which made me pretty sad, my converts were the only ones from my branch that were there. Then just like last year we baptised between sessions, and Carlos did the baptism, oh man super cool! Betty got baptised and was super taken care of by the district. And the talks oh man super cool. I got home at midnight saturday after the priesthood session and was unable to sleep for all that was going through my head, ¨oh man heavenly father expects alot from me¨ i said to myself, it was quite a difficult night for me to sleep, as usual Elder Horrocks never thinks too well of himself. But then the spirit told him that hes doing his best, and that if this is his best than he will do well after the mission. For the mission is there to strech him and make him stronger than he could have done by himself. And Elder Horrocks was able to sleep. haha i loved the talk about the mountain climbing, that they made a promise to not look how much they lacked, but looked to see how much they had gained. What a cool analogy. I Loved every single talk. Elder Eyring, Elder Uctdorf, President Monson, i love mormon humor, its so simple, it has no need to be dirty or offensive yet it made me laugh my butt off. What a simple life we live as mormons, or at least can live. My testimony grew tons, and how grateful i am to have been able to serve a mission. This area has been the hardest, with all the trials, but ive made some awesome friends here, some super awesome friends. Conference made me sad to know ill never see many of them ever again. Well at least until the milenium. My mind is a scrambled egg right now. So if im not making sense just know that i have no capability to think, only two more weeks of work then its done, over. I cant think.
Anyways, we moved today, i hate change, it really does, if i had everything my way i would never change. But we moved like 4 blocks down the street, super close, and its alot smaller. We dont have power yet but tomorrow we will, we dont have any fans so im praying and hopeing that the heat doesnt rise or im not sleeping haha. We live on the third floor and its very, very similar to my first apartment in Posadas, the neighbors even listen to the same music as there, so im quite missing my first area haha.
Anyways, i dont know what else to say, im excited for working, schooling, sleeping, eating, exercising (a definite need), and growing an awesome beard/mustache combo.
Yet i am still working hard, dont worry, last week was the hardest, now its all good. I think. At least i know how to work hard, and my comp is always on my back helping me to be focused, hes super cool, we clash at times but its always to help both us grow. Ive learned alot from him.
Ill bring home some Jerseys, mate (like the cow hoof), and some toms, or apargatas as they are called here, but they are quite cheaply made. Im sure the states are higher quality, but if its for originality im all up for it. Loves ya all!
Im so grateful for our dedication to the lord as a family, the goal is heaven right?

No comments:

Post a Comment